Saturday 29 September 2012

Simi Osomo features on ES:Nigerians are becoming big spenders.

Hello people! Hope your week was great? Yesterday after work, I stopped by at Waterloo station to grab my free copy of Evening Standards Newspaper before catching my train home. Flipping through the pages, I came across the caption: £30,000 a year addiction to London...how Nigerians are becoming big spenders! Trust the 9ja spirit in me, I began reading with keen interest. Click to read more..




The story is about a 25years old Nigerian chic Simi Osomo (Pictured) who flies to the UK six times a year to spend £5000 on crunchy nuts and clothes. If you are interested in the story click HERE


The newspaper went further to analyse the prices of some basic items in Nigeria compared to that of London as you can see in the table above. 

This post is not to criticise Simi in anyway. Infact I want to hook up with her because this is a potential customer for me. (winks)  My question is how true is this report by ES? Where did they get their facts from? Do they really sell a Mango heel for N70,000 in Nigeria like seriously? What are your thoughts please?

Btw, her Zara top is a must have! The colour is fab!!! If the analysis of the Zara & Mango stuvs are true then you better be shopping through LPS!!! *End of discussion* 

5 comments:

  1. I think it depends on d particular shoe, cos I bought a mango heely shoe frm mango shop at silverbird abuja for 15000. D zara shoe I bought for
    $100 in Paris, I saw it in abuja for 49000....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! close to 200% interest! But can we really blame the shop owners? Thanks for your comment btw

      Delete
  2. 70k for a pair of mango heels? My customers no go free o. I'm lucky if I can sell a pair of Aldo heels for 15k!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...Babes I fear fear now seeing their analysis..Might relocate fast to do full time selling but like Dimma wrote above, it depends on the particular shoe. You berra direct your customers to read this article..they will appreciate you more..(:

      Delete

  3. The Personal Shoppers Association® is a not for profit (business league) with the sole purpose of representing the needs of Personal Shoppers. Ensuring their role in business also recognized and rewarded as an essential and influential one.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...